Monday, April 11, 2011

Illustration Friday - Bottled


My little 3 year old daughter LOVES mermaids!  In fact she says all of the time, "When I grow up, I am going to be a mermaid!"  So this here is for her...maybe if she cannot become one when she grows up,  perhaps one day, while the sun is setting and her parents are packing up all of the beach belongings, she'll run back to the water for one last try at catching "something".  She'll dunk her bottle in and come up with a teeny, tiny...mermaid!


This is my second go at IF's theme "bottled".  Have you ever put something on your blog, art or otherwise, and realize you shouldn't have?  I had another illustration on here- something I had done in an art class - because I didn't think I'd have time to paint this week.  And it just ate at me for the last day or so.  It just wasn't "me".  So, this little sketch of the above scene kept calling to me...so, needless to say...I found time to paint it!  And...I am so glad I did...I really like how it came out!

9 comments:

  1. Very charming! A warm happy illo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. She has a great expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, sweet little face! My sister use to want to be a mermaid! I've done that blog thing before that you're talkin about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your explanation of the idea behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great picture. we too are mermaid fans. My daughter used to say the exact same thing. she's now 21 and still does occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Beth Anne! My wife and I both laughed when we read that your daughter wants to be a mermaid when she grows up :o) Great illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im glad you did too, its lovely. The little girls face is so well captured! Every little girl would love a come across a mermaid wouldnt they. My little 5 year old is having a mermaid phase at the moment.

    ReplyDelete